štvrtok 15. februára 2018

Present Perfect vs. Present Perfect Cont.




1. Put words in the correct place
holiday, crowded, boring, delicious, excellent,
a)      We have ___________view from our hotel
b)      Paris is an ideal ___________ destination.
c)      The food there was _______________.
d)     The beach was ___________. We couldn’t sit anywhere.
e)      Nightlife in Radom is _________________
2. Circle the odd word out
a)      museum - theme park -  diving
b)      car – hotel – tent- motel
c)      coach – car – ferry – gallery
d)     climbing – parking- sailing

3. Complete the sentences with  has gone or has been
Bob's not here. He____________________ to work.
The office is empty. Everybody ____________________ home.
My brother____________________ to America four times.
Sorry, you can't speak to Anna. She ____________________to a party.
Peter____________________ to Canada and he's staying there for three weeks.

4. Fill in: since, for
a)      I've had this car _____________June.
b)      We haven't met _____________Christmas.
c)      Bill has worked as a teacher _____________ten years.
d)     It hasn't snowed _____________two hours.
e)      Nothing has changed here _____________the war.
f)       I haven't eaten sweets _____________last Monday.
g)      He's been on a diet _____________ a month.

5. Put verbs in brackets into the present perfect or present perfect continuous
a)      I _________________(read) an interesting book for a few days, but I ____________(not finish) it so far.
b)      He ______________(know) her for ages.
c)      I'm tired. I ______________(play) basketball for three hours.
d)     My wife____________ (iron) all day. She_________ (iron) 20 blouses
e)      She ______________(write) two love letters
f)       John______________ (work) for this company since 1990.
g)      I ______just ___________(do) my homework. Can I go out with my friends?
h)      My mum______________ (cook) dinner since 4 p.m.
i)        Her parents___________________ (tour) Europe for 3 months. They ____________(visit) eight countries so far.
j)        Max________________ (wait) for his girlfriend for an hour but __________________ (not come) yet.
6. Put verbs in brackets into the present perfect or past simple
a)       A)  How long have you  lived in Washington? (live)
 B) Since last November
b)      A) I _____________divorced last year (get)
B) How long ________you _____________married?(be)
c)      I _____________university when I was 22 and since then I ________________as a teacher (leave, work)
d)     A) Where _______________ you ________________ for your last holiday?
B) We ____________________the Orient Express to Venice.
e)      A) How long __________you _____________that car?(have)
B) A long time! I ________________it in 1994 (buy)

Homework:  Present Perfect/ Present Perfect Continuous
a)      _____________________(they/arrive) already?
b)      Lucy ______________________(run) 2000 metres today.
c)      I__________________________(clean) all morning - I'm fed up!.
d)     How long _______________________(you/know) Simon?
e)      I _____________________(drink) more water recently, and I feel better.
f)       Sorry about the mess! I ________________________(bake).
g)      How many times _________________________(you/take) this exam?
h)      The baby's face is really dirty. What __________________________(he/eat)?
i)        Luke ____________________(never/be) abroad.

j)        I ______________________(wait) three hours already!

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára